Incentive Programs To Help You Obtain A Solar Roof Installation
As you consult with our professional roofing contractors in NH about your solar roof installation, we can help you to sort through the different financial incentive programs that may apply to you. These programs have been established by federal, state, and local governments to encourage the addition of solar power to more homes and businesses.
You can benefit from one or more of the many different incentive programs offered by federal, state, and local governments when you are ready for a solar roof installation. With the help of the incentive programs, you’ll have access to the financial savings that come from your own solar roof. Roofing contractors in NH can help you to understand which of these programs apply to you and what you can do to qualify for these incentives. Here are some simple descriptions of the incentives available to you:
- The Federal Tax Credit Incentive: This credit could provide you up to 30% of the total cost of the new solar power system.
- New Hampshire’s Renewable Energy Generation Incentive: This incentive takes the form of rebate and is provided through the Public Utilities Commission for qualifying renewable energy generating system.
- The State Public Utilities Commission Rebates: The PUC is also currently looking into similar rebate programs to encourage solar power additions to NH roofing.
- New Hampshire Renewable Energy Property Tax Exemption: This legislation allows towns and cities to offer local property tax exemptions.
- Massachusetts Commonwealth Solar II Program: The Massachusetts program is another rebate incentive and is available through an application process.
Why Are NH Roofing Incentive Programs Available?
The federal and many state governments are willing to provide these financial incentives to encourage home and business owners to use renewable sources of energy. Solar power can be used for home heating, hot water systems, and other utility systems. There is enough solar power reaching the Earth every hour to power the energy needs of humans for an entire year. This potential has barely been tapped. As home and business owners turn to solar power, the country’s reliance on foreign sources of energy may be lessened. The NH roofers at Master Roofers can provide further explanations for the incentive programs and are ready to explain how you can take advantage of those benefits.
How You Can Personally Benefit From Solar Power
As solar technology improves, the costs of implementing solar power are decreasing. Our experienced roofers in Manchester NH continue to install more and more solar roofing systems, and any necessary costs of maintenance and repair continue to decrease. As more people find that solar power is cost effective, the roofing systems will be more affordable.
Many homeowners also appreciate the environmentally friendly effects of solar power. Typical methods of generating energy often produce gas emissions and other types of air pollution. Solar power is a much cleaner way of warming and lighting homes.
For several years the growth of the solar power industry has been responsible for creating new jobs. These jobs are beneficial for the men and women who acquire them and the economy benefits with increased employment.
One of your first steps toward finding which of the incentives are right for you may be to contact www.energystar.gov. For further information, though, consulting with the NH roofers here at Master Roofers is an effective way to find out precisely which programs apply to your situation. Call us today to get a consultation completely free of charge at (603) 623-4973.